Book directly with us to receive the best rates!
Arco Iris Lodge is committed to sustainability and the support of local enterprises and organizations.
We buy local and organic and from small producers whenever possible.
- We grow much of our fruits and vegetable in our organic orchard
- Eggs come from happy chicken on our own farm
- We compost all organic waste and paper napkins
- We use only biodegradable detergent for laundry
- No drinking water is wasted for watering the garden, creek water is pumped in a separate piping system to water plants and lawn
- We use energy saving light bulbs and rechargeable batteries whenever possible
- Hot water is provided by instant gas heaters or solar heaters
- We dry laundry outside when weather permits
- Only liquid soap in dispensers is offered in hotel rooms
- We use only organic and biological pesticides and fungicides
- Only compost of our own produce is used as fertilizer
- Food scraps, peels and leftovers are fed to the chicken
- We do not sell beverages in plastic bottles or canned drinks
- We avoid producing garbage by not buying products packed in Styrofoam or aluminum
- We encourage all drivers to switch off their car engines while waiting, please do the same
- Protect the trees on our property and secure space for reforestation
- We buy local and / or from small producers
- We are trying to be a good example of a sustainable business and we are teaching our employees our environmental values
- We treat our septic systems biologically
- Recycled paper is used in the office
- We support the Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children